A gallery has been open at 311 West Martin Street since 2007, making us a pioneer and mainstay in the popular Warehouse District.
We are located on a well-traveled street among offices, restaurants, and apartments. Our renown for colorful, eclectic, and collectable art brings us visitors and purchasing patrons throughout the month.
First Fridays offer a unique opportunity for juried show participants, invited artists, and our Resident Artists to interact with new and existing collectors, and to discuss their creative vision and process with the public.
- Juried Shows – 311 Art Gallery hosts up to five juried shows each year. Each show has a unique theme and a variety of styles and media are accepted.
- Invited Shows – Several times a year, we host a month-long show of three to four artists. We are seeking both established and new artists who will inspire us with their concept, technique, and expression.
- Gift Shop – Our retail Gift Shop provides a unique shopping experience for our customers by highlighting and selling quality and affordable artists’ work.
- Studio Space – Our highly sought studio space is ideal for visual artists who seek to have dedicated exhibition space. Several of the larger rooms are appropriate as working studios and/or group spaces. We currently have 30+ artists in residence.
Our 2020 juried shows are:
|That Still Life Show||May||2/28/20|
|Flowers & Gardens||July||5/30/20|
|Land, City, and Sea||September||8/1/20|
- We invite both 2D and 3D artists to apply for participation. The Gallery has approximately 120 feet of wall space for invited shows, typically divided among three to four artists. We have more limited space for 3D art, but can accommodate about a half dozen pieces.
- All work in the show must be for sale. The Gallery curates the work and requires artists to assist in hanging and de-installing the show.
- The Gallery handles all sales and retains a 35% commission.
- Artists provide several high quality photographs, brief artist statement, and wall label information for their artwork.
- We expect invited artists to actively promote the show to their clients, friends, and social media followers, and attend the First Friday reception.
The timetable for our 2020 invited shows is:
|Month||Deliver Art||First Friday||Pick Up Art|
|June||5/28-30||June 5||June 27|
|August||7/30-8/1||August 7||August 29|
|October||9/24-26||October 2||October 31|
We are looking for unique items as well as note cards, small paintings, prints, small sculpture, jewelry; all made with a high standard of craftsmanship, design, and composition.
The Gallery retains a 35% commission for outside artists and pays them monthly for their sales.
Artists are encouraged to apply at any time. Apply here.
311 Art Gallery has 12 studios, some of which are subdivided. The studios range from 60 to 390 square feet. Contracts run from April 16 to April 15 of the following year. Rent is due monthly and is based on both the square footage and the wall space available for display. A deposit of one month’s rent is required along with the signed lease.
We provide staffing, utilities, 24-hour access, free Wi-Fi, and advertising. First Fridays offer a unique opportunity for our Resident Artists to interact with new and existing collectors, and to discuss their creative vision and process with the public.
We endeavor to have a variety of styles and media represented by our Resident Artists. Artists working in most mediums will be considered. However, due to both space and building limitations, we cannot accommodate artists who intend to use their studio to create art that requires machinery, noxious materials, or has excessive power needs.
Interested artists are encouraged to apply for space at any time so that we can consider their needs against any openings that occur during the year. Apply here.